Advantages of Globe Valve
1. The structure of globe valve is more simple than the sluice valve, and it is convenient to manufacture and maintain.
2. The sealing surface is not easy to wear and abrade and it has a good sealing. There is no relative sliding between the valve flap and valve sealing surface during opening and closing. Therefore the wearing and abrasion are not serious, the sealing performance is good and the service life is long.
3. During opening and closing, the valve stroke is small, so the height of globe valve is smaller than that of the sluice valve, but the structure length is longer than that of the sluice valve.
4. The opening and closing torque are large so it is laboursome and takes more time to open and close the globe valve.
5. The fluid resistance is large because the medium channel is quite tortuous, the fluid resistance is large and the power consumption is large.
6. When the nominal pressure of medium flow direction PN≤16MPa, generally the downstream is adopted, and the media flows upward from the valve flap; when the nominal pressure PN ≥ 20MPa, counter-current is the common, and the media flows down from the flap to increase the seal performance. When used, the globe valve medium can only flow in one direction, and can not change the flow direction.
7. When the valve is fully opened, it is often being eroded.
The valve stem axis of globe valve is perpendicular to the valve seat sealing surface. The distance of stem opening or closing is relatively short and has a very reliable cut-off action, which makes this valve suitable to cut or adjust and throttle a medium.
What Are Globe Valves Used For
It is mainly used in hot water supply and high-pressure steam pipelines but is not suitable for a medium with larger particles and viscosity. Regulating valves can play a role in regulating the flow rate. It is often used when there is no need to adjust the flow frequently.
The usage is different according to different sorts:
The lining fluorine glove valve is applicable to the chloroazotic acid of a wide range of concentrations, sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acid, hydrochloric acid, and various organic acids, strong acid, and strong antioxidants pipelines from -50 to 150℃. It also applies to strong base organic solvents of various concentrations as well as other corrosive gases, liquid medium pipelines.
As a kind of small-caliber instrumentation valves, the needle valve plays an important role in opening and closing, and accurate flow control in the instrument measuring piping system, and mainly has the power station instrument series, the oil field dedicated series, the American standard series and so on.
Low-temperature globe valves usually refer to the valves that work at a temperature below -110℃, and it is widely used in liquefied natural gas, liquefied petroleum gas, and other cryogenic industries.
The plunger valve is also known as the plunger valve, whose sealing surface adopts the radial seal structure. The two elastic sealing rings in a polished plunger compress the elastic sealing ring around the plunger through the load put by the connecting bolt of the valve body and the valve deck to realize seal.
The oxygen dedicated valve is used in the oxygen pipeline, with the best explosion-proof and flame-retardant performance. It eliminates the unsafe factors of the pipeline of oxygen, and it is widely used in the pipe network of projects which needs to use oxygen such as steel, metallurgy, petrochemical and chemical engineering.
The bellows globe valve is designed as forming stainless steel bellows, and it has been in reciprocating test for 10000 times without failure. The sealing performance is reliable, and it is applicable to industry and mining of inflammable , explosive , toxic and harmful media, and it can effectively prevent the leakage of the valve.
we will contact you within 24 hours.